Benefits that foreigners receive by starting a business in Japan and obtaining a business manager visa
What are the benefits that foreigners receive by starting a business in Japan?
What are the legal benefits of obtaining a business manager visa, which is given to foreign managers?
In an increasingly diversified global society, it is no longer rare for foreigners to start a business in Japan and succeed.
In this article, we will describe the benefits for foreigners starting a business in Japan and advantages of a business manager visa.
1. Benefits that foreigners receive by starting a business in Japan
1) There’s a chance to earn a high income depending on your ability
Company managers can earn a lot of money if they are successful.
On the other hand, in the event of failure, company managers will take full responsibility.
Thus, depending on your ability, you can earn a high income or will be in a tight squeeze if you fail.
Although there are risks, the efforts and abilities are reflected to the company’s outcome and that’s the interesting part of running a company.
2) You can form personal connections with people you never met before
When you start a business, you will have the title of CEO or representative in your business card.
By having such title, your status will be higher than before and people will look at you differently.
Besides, there are communities only open for Japanese business managers and foreign business managers.
You can broaden your knowledge by meeting business managers whom you wouldn’t have met if you didn’t own a company. Putting yourself in an environment where you can grow up will be a lifetime asset.
3) You can work freely at your own pace
Generally, if you work for a company, you probably have fixed working hours.
Company managers are not subject to such time constraints.
In examination concerning business manager visas, examiners don’t check if the working hours are fixed. Instead, they put more importance on the actual situation of business and the details of financial statements.
You will take full responsibility for your own actions, but you can enjoy working freely at your own pace.
4) There is no retirement age and early retirement is possible
There are various opinions about early retirement, but depending on your own thoughts and efforts, early retirement is not impossible.
On the other hand, since company managers have no retirement age, they can continue to be active at any age, depending on how long they want to work.
In the current era where people live till 100 years old, having various options is one of the strengths of a manager.
5) You can use your unique sensibility as a foreigner in the Japanese market, which can be your strong point
This is what we learned from foreign managers who have obtained a business manager visa at our Daiichi-Sogo Group.
There are some foreign managers who have cultivated the Blue Ocean with the sensibility unique to foreigners that Japanese people do not have.
In addition, many foreign business managers make decisions faster than Japanese people, and therefore seize business opportunities and achieve success.
The Japanese market, where foreigners can make the most of their unique sensibilities, can be a business opportunity for foreign business managers.
2. Benefits of obtaining a business manager visa
6) Depending on the outcome, you can try to obtain a highly skilled professional visa
Foreign managers who have a business manager visa may be able to obtain a visa of Highly Skilled Professional (i)(c) for advanced business management activities if they score 70 points or more in the point calculation regarding highly skilled foreign professionals.
The holders of the visa of Highly Skilled Professional (i)(c) can enjoy privileges such as:
– Compounded activities are permitted while staying;
– “5 years” of period of stay is granted;
– Requirements for permission for permanent residence concerning the history of staying in Japan is relaxed;
– The foreigner’s spouse is permitted to work;
– The foreigner’s parents can be invited to Japan under certain conditions;
– A housemaid can be invited to Japan under certain conditions; and
– Priority is given to the procedures for entering to and staying in Japan.
For details of highly skilled professional visas, please read “【Case Study】It’s a must-see! An actual case of permission for highly skilled professional visa.”
Regrading a visa of Highly Skilled Professional (i)(c), what are the items for point calculation?
Mainly, your educational background, years of work experience, annual income, age, etc. will be subject to such point calculation.
Japanese language ability, position in the company, investment amount, etc. are also important items in point calculation regarding a visa of Highly Skilled Professional (i)(c).
The following is a point calculation table for highly skilled professionals published by the Ministry of Justice.
If you are interested, please take a look.
By obtaining a highly skilled professional visa, you can obtain a permanent resident visa sooner.
This is also a great advantage for foreign business managers.
7) You can call your family to Japan
If you get a business manager visa, you may be able to call your spouse or children with a dependent visa.
Please note that your parents cannot be called by a dependent visa.
So what are the requirements for a foreign business manager with a business manager visa to call family members to Japan?
・ The supporter has the intension and ability to support the dependent; and
・ The spouse or child who is to be a dependent needs to be supported or is supported.
As mentioned above, when inviting a family member to Japan, the business manager visa holder is required to be receiving a certain amount of executive compensation.
To put it simply, the immigration bureau requires a financial foundation that is enough to support family.
The Immigration Act does not specify a specific amount, but for example, in case that you wish to invite 4 family members with an executive compensation of 180,000 yen, the immigration authority will conclude that it is difficult for everyone to live in Japan with such amount, and dependent visas will most likely be not given.
For foreign business managers with a business manager visa to invite their family members, the requirement concerning financial foundation may vary depending on their living conditions. Comprehensive judgement will be made, considering the amount of savings and rent, etc.
Therefore, if you would like to invite your family, please feel free to contact us for consultation.
For the general requirements for a dependent visa, please read “【Case Study】How can a foreigner with a work visa call family to Japan?”
8) You can call a housemaid to Japan
Not only holders of a legal/accounting services visa and a visa of Highly Skilled Professional (i)(c) as seen above, but also company managers with a business manager visa can call housemaids.
The visa for a housemaid corresponds to a designated activities visa (Public Notice of the Ministry of Justice No. 2).
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a visa for a domestic servant.
– At the time of application, the employer has a child under the age of 13 or a spouse who cannot engage in daily household chores due to illness, etc.;
– The foreigner hires no housemaid, other than the housemaid who seeks a status of residence, and the housemaid is at least 18 years old;
– The housemaid is able to have daily conversations in the language used by the employer;
– The housemaid is employed as a personal housemaid;
– The housemaid receives a monthly remuneration of 200,000 yen or more; and
– The housemaid engages in household activities for the employer.
For details of each requirement, please read “【Case Study】How foreigners with a business manager visa can call their housemaids to Japan.”
3. Summary of benefits for foreigners to start a business in Japan and obtain a business manager visa
In this article, we have described the merits of starting a business in Japan for foreigners and the merits of business manager visas, which are obtained by foreign managers.
What did you think?
There are various benefits to start a business in Japan and obtain a business manager visa.
Daiichi-Sogo Group offers various services so that foreigners can obtain a business manager visa and carry out business stably.
“I want to start a business in Japan!”
If you are a foreigner with such passion, please feel free to use our free consultation.
We have staff members who are capable of speaking English, Chinese, and Vietnamese, so please let us know if you wish to speak one of such staff members.